Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why No Superbowl Post?

I was asked this question the other day and to be perfectly honest with you, the day after the big game was one of recovery. You see Crockett here tied on what they call a "good drunk". No lie. Before the game started I got involved in a game of ladderball with some peeps and I had a rather uneasy feeling before the contest started when one of our opponents said, "Is the Shotgun rule in effect?"..... Well naturally, I knew what this meant as an end result, but was not certain as to how to attain it. Turns out, in ladderball if you score on all three of your designated throws, the other team has to shotgun a beer. Fair enough right. I mean what are the odds of someone, who has been consuming at a regular pace for a few hours achieving this monumental task. Well it turns out, three times to be exact. Now, I don't exactly consume the lightest beer on the market. However, I did borrow a lighter variety on 2 of my 3 shotguns. The third I took it on home with "The King", which is the beer of choice for Crockett. Needless to say, this had a impact on the level of drunkenness that I initially thought I was to keep myself at, a gentle roar. Not after this, no way. The train had left the station after this. I behaved from what I recall, but I don't recall anything from the designated party place to McDonald's. I drove over the limit, not a brilliant decision, but since it was the Superbowl and I had been gambling on the game.....I figured I'd gamble all the way home. That damn double cheeseburger was unreal and those fries in all there salty goodness. It was fantastic. And while I didn't hit a single damn square out of nine of them, I'd say it was a success. And I thought the game was pretty good as well.

No comments: