Sunday, October 4, 2009

LSU WINS DESPITE COACHES




I'm sure some of you thought I would come on here and say I was wrong last week when I called for the firing of Les Miles. Well, not so fast. If you watched the game yesterday you saw as well as I did that the LSU players won despite the coaching staff. LSU completely dominated the first half but only had 6 points because as soon as they got in the red zone, the coached completely shut down the playbook. I'm happy we won, but Miles still scares the shit out of me. On a side note, it's time to take the Ferrari out of the garage. Russell Shepard (pictured above) has been unstoppable when he comes in the game. Shepard has 17 carries for 106 yards and is averaging 6.2 yards per carry, and all of those yards come despite the defense knowing he is getting the ball when he comes in the game. Shepard has 0 yards for loss. I'll say that again, Shepard has 0 yards for loss. Shepard has yet to be on the field when he did not run the ball and has gotten positive yards every time. The defense is putting 8 men in the box and still can not stop him. Imagine if they let the 2008 #1 dual threat quarterback throw the ball once every now and then. I think Jefferson is an adequate quarterback and should continue to start, but it's blatantly obvious that Shepard it our best playmaker even as a true freshman. It's time to turn him loose Les.


No comments: