Thursday, September 9, 2010

Big Game Tonight in the Home State



That's right folks, the arch nemesis of my beloved Rebels hit the field tonight in conference action against the Auburn Tigers. The Tigers come in ranked #21 in the poll(s). The dogs are fresh off a home opening beatdown of Memphis. To be honest, the dogs are tough on Thursday night. I know its been a while for them but they generally play well in these types of games. Way back when, they beat Florida on a Thursday night. I know that was a long, long time ago and this a whole new era in MSU football, but the dogs are a pretty unified group. There coach has done a great job of really getting the fan base pumped about there ball club and they have a little confidence right now. Obviously, Auburn is no pushover and they are kinda one of those teams in transition right now as well. They had some bumps in the road a few years back, but seem to be getting back into the top tier of the SEC West. Second year Auburn coach, whatever his name is, had a good run last year after there were doubts from the fanbase. I'm sure the Tigers are favored and they should be, but I like the dogs in the upset here. I know I am a Rebel fan and I don't speak much about that other team in Mississippi all that much (actually never), but I wish them well....just not in the Egg Bowl. Anyhoo, hope its a great game regardless of the outcome. I'm sure some of the locals will be making the trip to see the action in person and we wish them safe and happy travels.

P.S. - I really just wanted to post that video

No comments: