Monday, September 6, 2010

Can we hit the Reset button?

So there I was, bustling through another Saturday night in the kitchen. Got the scoretracker on the Blackberry pulled up, hitting the refresh button whenever the chance arises to see whats going on in the opening contest for the Rebels in what is expected to be a respectable 2010 campaign. Hey, its halftime and we are winning 31-10. Sweet!! Looks like Stanley is having a good ballgame. Oh, wait, Masoli is getting some reps. Thats good. Lets get the guy some work. Gosh, looks like Stanley is really making a push to be the starter with the way he is playing....6 for 10, 130+ yards and 3 TD's. Nice! We got a little QB controversy brewin?? Maybe? Come back 30 minutes or so later and the wheels didn't just fall off....... The GD plane crashed in to the side of the mountain!!! I just don't know what to think at this point. This was a gimme right? I tell ya, give Jacksonville State all the credit in the world for what they accomplished. Most teams down 3 scores at half are just like, well, lets get this shit over with. Not them, they wanted it more and they showed it in the second half, and more importantly in the 4th Quarter. I am guessing the halftime speech by the Gamecocks coach was something like this....



Or Maybe there coach subscribes to this guys teachings. Possibly so, he did own the Rebels.....



Either way you slice it, they whipped our @$$ in the second half. All I can say. I was under the same delusion that our defense was supposed to be pretty solid this season. I guess that excludes teams that run the Spread offense? Or maybe its just against everybody? We'll find out for sure. I still think we have a talented team and I seriously doubt that this will ever happen again against a team the likes of Jacksonville State.

I bet this guy could get the Rebs to play a complete game and not blow a 3 TD lead in the second half....

No comments: