Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ole Miss Pep Talk..

Coach Wally Riggendorf from dr-nix on Vimeo.



Yeah well, we blew that game. However, give BYU credit for continuing to play football and get after it. There is no quit in those Cougars and that is evident by the fact that they won a game they shouldn't have despite being favored. I will leave the second guessing to the sports writers, etc.. Although, I will say from the very first play I was concerned. Anytime you have a big, veteran offensive line and a running back that's probably in the top ten in the SEC and you don't feed him the pill, then I have got to question the play call. End around on the first play of the game... WTF?!? Obviously now that doesn't matter as Bolden got injured and is likely done for the year. They say six weeks but its a fractured ankle. Really don't see him being a factor moving forward. In addition to our lack of an effective, clock and yard chewing running game, the dropped pass was huge. Not gonna rag on the guy, I expect that Brassel will make plenty of plays over his career to outnumber that one. Besides, kid was playing High School ball this time last year. Overall, the D didn't do that bad of a job. They still gotta improve but that it apparently the least of the worries at this point. It seems we are... how would you put it.... Same season, different quarterback problem. Stoudt looked good with the exception of the fumble that ultimately resulted in defeat. But I personally feel he shouldn't have been put in that position considering his limited to zero experience. Brunetti, unfortunately didn't get much of chance and did little with the chances he got. I wish I would have been able to see the whole game, but work supersedes recreational football watching. With that being said, it will be interesting to see where Mackey fits into this dilemma.

As I stated in a previous post, I thought the Rebs were going to be a .500 ballclub at the very best this season. However, I counted this past game towards that mark and now it seems we are in the same ship as last season and are headed for another 4-8 unless things change drastically. I hope they do and I will not fade in my support of the home team, but I will call it like I see it and if you don't like it... don't read it. Read up on some of Mac's Ole Miss Hate messages. That should keep you entertained.

1 comment:

MacArthur said...

Greatest halftime speech ever.