Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To the motorist of Greenwood,

I would like to thank you for making my few times a week exercise trips via bicycle more interesting. I am not sure what I would do if it were not for you. You keep me focused, you keep me alert and you continually keep a mundane 45 minute ride as dangerous as it possibly can be.

The problem I have is in the realm of your mind does it really register to swerve at the bike rider? Is this really necessary? I enjoy a good ditch just as much as the next guy but that doesn't mean I want to spend my entire ride in them. I feel like I am being put in the wall at Talladega. I can count on at least four trips to the ditch per bike excursion. Which I suppose is a small amount, but these are rather unforgiving ditches that ironically you choose to try and put me in.

So please, if you see some person peddling away, don't swerve. It has gotten to the point where the middle finger exercise is getting closer to going into effect. And if you don't like that, track me down and we can have words or fisticuffs, whatever you like. Of course, I hope it doesn't come to either. I just want some peaceful sharing of the road.

Thank you,

Crockett

No comments: