Saturday, November 6, 2010

TRUE GENIUS




I was wrong and I am a big enough man to admit it. Les Miles is not an idiot, he's a genius. I only thought he was an idiot because his genius is so far over my head that I can't even comprehend or recognize it, and apparently neither can any other coach in America. Name another coach in college football besides Les Miles that would call a Tight End reverse on 4th and a half yard in the 4th quarter, down 1 point and in field goal range against Alabama. Go ahead, I'll wait... Can't name one? Me neither. There in lies the genius. Since no other coach in the world would call it, no other coach in the world would expect it. Les Miles balls are so big that if you rode in the car with him, you would have to ride in the back seat because his nuts would ride shotgun. Another thing, can anyone tell me the last time one of Miles so called "wacky" plays didn't work? Of all the fake punts, fake field goals, TE reverses on 4th and 6 inches I can't remember when one didn't work. This is also evidence of his genius, he knows exactly when to use them. So with that I take back every negative thing I have ever said about Les Miles.

This video pretty much sums up how I felt right after the famed 4th and inches call.

No comments: