Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tonight: Basketball??


Basketball you say? No, not the NCAA tournament. A different type of B-ball. A simple game of 21 between two fierce competitors. On one side our very own MacArthur, the other Kate Flanagan. This is not your run of the mill match up between boy and girl, old and young. There is a bar tab at stake here. A month long bar tab at that. I am not sure if I can reveal the location of the event, as I am pretty sure it is not sanctioned and there could be some potential repercussions. Upon first hearing of this challenge, I immediately sided with Kate. She is younger and doesn't have 15 years of living like Keith Richards under her belt like MacArthur. But I am not counting Mac out on this one. While old and probably pretty out of shape, he could bury the mid range jumper back in the day. Anything outside the paint I gotta give to Mac, but then again, I have never seen Kate shoot the rock. She could be a beast from 15 feet and in, who knows. I don't really forsee anyone taking control of the paint, this will all be jumpshots. Anyway, tip is at 7 and details will be provided by myself and a local sports writer.

No comments: