Monday, April 13, 2009

Creepy neighbor update

Apparently that last post lit a fire, so I will get everyone up to speed on this cat. If you have followed the blog or been to Webster's anytime in the last decade you have seen him and you know of his firepower. This guy has a gift for flatulence. When he was a baby, the gods reached down and turned his stomach and entire digestive tract into a fireball. Maybe they didn't consider all the damage he would cause to other peoples lives, including mine, but they gave him the talent anyway. The talent to release a form of toxic gas that has NOT been studied by any organization or entity that engages in chemical warfare. If you have been there, you know what I am talking about. If you haven't, pray you don't ever.

So apparently, a few months back, this 'talent' led to his removal and concurrent suspension from his favorite hangout, Webster's. The owners had had enough. They drew a line in the sand and said, Mr. you gotta go. And big ups to them for having the stones to run him like they did. I am sure they were a bit concerned about retaliation and to my knowledge none was brought. Which is a point I will touch on in a bit. But for now, the suspension lasted till April 1st. A bit of foreshadowing I suppose, as the joke was clearly on them. He was gonna wait it out; safe up the gas (or as much as he could) and bring it all back in with him. Now I don't know if he did this or if he didn't do this... I am speculating his thought process. And No, I don't know how he thinks. But you gotta imagine, getting cut off from your routine because of your talent has got to wake up the echoes or the voices in his case. You gotta think, he was gonna come out like Jordan versus the Trailblazers-game 6- Completely on Fire!!! I have been back in there a few times late at night and I haven't seen him. Maybe I am getting there too late and I am missing him; Maybe he has moved on to greener pastures in which he will kill the grass with the fumes from his ass. I don't know. We still speak in passing; Yes, I wave and acknowledge him. He does provide us with the free service of cleaning out the ditch after a rain. If I paid someone to do that it would probably set me back $30. I just don't know about him now.

Now to the other point I wanted to touch on.. Why no retaliation? Was this his way of giving back to the people he had been slowly killing over the past decade. Was this his way of showing respect? Was he trying to let the establishment know, I am sorry. Did he discover Immodium AD, Pepcid AC, Tums or Rolaids? This is all too confusing. Its like a Soduku puzzle...interesting to study, but hard as hell to figure out. I have no answers for a man that for as long as I have known him, drew no quarter for bar goers. He let his talent shine every chance he had and though it would not be a shame to keep it under wraps, you gotta think, his stomach has got to be killing him with all that gas pressure built up in side. Only time will tell.

No comments: