Thursday, April 16, 2009

TEXAS BOUND

Yes folks it's true. As Crockett said I will be leaving Greenwood on May 17th bound for San Antonio, TX. Don't worry Stewie I will still be blogging. I know where to find pictures of you from anywhere in the world. I am excited about what I will be doing and where I will be going. I love the state of Texas and have had a blast on my many trips there. Here are the top 5 reasons why I love Texas in no particular order.

1. Texas Beer



Texas is home to two of my favorite beers, Lone Star and Shiner Bock. One I can get in Mississippi and one I can't.


2. Cowgirls


Does this really even need an explanation?

3. Texas Attitude



I love the "shoot first ask questions" later attitude of Texas. I also love the state motto "Don't Mess with Texas!" It doesn't get any better than that.

4. Texas Music



From Willie Nelson, Robert Earl Keen, Pat Green, Jerry Jeff Walker to countless others, Texas music really captures the attitude of the people and the entire state. Hard drinking and hard living.

5. Everything's Bigger in Texas



This really goes with the attitude but I felt the picture deserved it's own category.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn fine top five, but Lucy Pinder is not from Texas

MacArthur said...

Way to miss the point douchebag. Readers of Crockett and MacArthur, I guess I should have put up a disclaimer with my post. No, Lucy Pinder is not from Texas, nor do I know if any of the girls in pic 5 are. I also have no way of confirming if the sign in #3 is actually in Texas. Also, the "cowgirl" in #2 is probably not from Texas and there is a very good chance she is not an actual "Cowgirl". For those of you who have been sitting at home scratching your head since I posted this, I am sorry. I'll start posting under the assumption that you are all idiots.