Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day!!!


That's right, baseball is finally here and what an opening day it has been so far. You got Griffey going back to Seattle and going deep for career homer 612 which just happened to tie a major league record for most opening day dingers. Then you got the amazing feat by teammates Felipe Lopez and Tony Clark of the Arizona Diamondbacks, where both of these switch hitters went deep once from both sides of the plate. The first time that this has been done on Opening Day. Then last night, rookie Braves outfielder, Jordan Schafer going yard in his first career major league at bat. C.C. got shelled by the O's; Cliff Lee got roughed up by the Rangers and then there was the Mets and Reds, who somehow managed to get nine innings of ball in despite a toad strangler and sub freezing temperatures.

It has been a good day of ball thus far today and the Fantasy team looks to be poised to produce some strong results. Now personally I am not going to jump out and endorse a team, despite having some loyalties. I have to many guys on the fantasy roster to route against them. So I will endorse baseball as a whole and do my best to update our followers as to the goings on in and around MLB. I know I speak for the entire blog when I say, we are glad baseball is back.

No comments: