Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gonna be a "Hairy" Super Bowl!!








One more week and its all over for this year and possibly next year, barring a labor dispute resolution. There sure is good deal of hair flying around in this game. Its like a barbers dream with this Super Bowl. As for Crockett, I just really don't know which way to pull in this one. I'd like to see the Pack get it done so maybe it would nip all this discussion now and in the future about how Aaron Rodgers lives in Brett Favre's shadow because he hasn't won a Super Bowl. Nothing against Favre, he's great. One of the best ever. I just get sick and tired of all the drama and watching a 30 minute broadcast on the NFL and 25 minutes is some discussion about him and comparing Rodgers to him. I don't think there will ever be another Favre. I just don't think that it is humanly possible to play as many games in a row as he did with all the punishment he has taken over the years. As my good buddy Sweatpea says, " Brett Favre is the toughest SOB in the NFL". Never a truer statement has come from anyone wiser and his records for yardage will hold for a good many years as well.
However, on the flipside, I really like the Steelers. Big Ben is a proven winner, but it seems from listening to the knuckleheads on sports talk radio, he doesn't have the street cred he deserves. I'm sure allot of that comes from his actions off the field. Maybe he just isn't respected as much as say a Brady or a Manning. But Three Super Bowls should be the cure-all for that dilemma. Unless of course, he commits another forcefully sexual act or rolls his motorcycle. I also, like the weapons the Steelers have on the offensive side of the Ball. I guess I am just partial to Mike Wallace because he's a Rebel. And the Steelers D is a tremendous strength as well. I felt like that in August when I took them off the board in the 9th round of my long tenured Fantasy Football league in which Mac is the Commish. They played solid all year long and were a tremendous asset, as I finished 3rd in the league. Mac won the league. Wait what, 1st and 3rd from the same blog? WTH? Could be a conspiracy? However, the Pack D is no pushover and had there team been healthy all year, they probably wouldn't have had to play road warriors to get to the Super Bowl.
I suppose from reading this, one could make the assessment that I am pulling for the Steelers. But, I'm really not. I'm actually cheering for whatever numbers I get on the Big Super Bowl board from our friends at "The Row". Looking forward to the game.


No comments: