Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Mechanic!!



First off, let me just say that I celebrate the entire Jason Statham catalog. Snatch; Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels; The Transporter Franchise; and a lesser know flick called The Bank Job to name a few. All are quality and entertaining to me. This one does not fall off from his previous work. Lotsa action, lotsa shooting, and some fairly unrealistic action stunts. But, its a movie. Its entertainment, so the unrealistic stuff is a non-factor in my book. This is not so much a date movie if you were wanting to catch a flick with your sweetie. It does have possibly one of the coolest beginnings to a film. A rather Excellent utilization of stealth. The ending was a bit of a downer, but then again, how are you gonna end a movie this packed with nonstop blowing shit up. The co-star, Ben Foster is really solid as a "sidekick". I guess being a villain type character is good for him as he did it so well in "3:10 to Yuma". Anyhoo, I liked it and it doesn't drag. No soft spots. Its a mans movie

No comments: