Sunday, July 19, 2009

Seriously WTF???!!

I am only posting right now because I am bored. Sure there are all types of news stories I could write about. Walter Cronkite passed away. They have arrested an ex con who sold the gun to Mcnair's murderer. Prince Fielder won the home run derby. And then there is Greenwood politics and the 'brick dispute' which has made so many headlines of late. None of this really does it for me. I am not saying it isn't worthy. It is. By all means it is. I just don't feel like wasting my time writing about it. So with that being said, this post is about nothing. Not in the sense that "Seinfield" was a show about nothing. I am just taking up space on the net with this blurb. I do not have one discernible thing to talk about at this point in my life that would be fitting for public record. Private side. Sorry. Buy the book. But for now, nothing. I live a modest life people. I get up, go to work, come home, enjoy lunch, watch a little tv, nap, shower, then go back to work. Pretty mundane. However, on Sundays.... I play volleyball. I know, I know, Maverick and Goose against Iceman and Slider.. not exactly. I play pool volleyball. I am a shareholder in an above ground pool (AGP for those so inclined) and with this pool comes a net that stretches the length or the width depending on how you view a circle. I guess it would be best to say it cuts the circumference in half. On both sides of that net are willing and able players with one goal. That goal is to drink and be merry. Sure we keep score and the losers are taunted, but after the match its really over with. Its not like we have designated teams that play together each Sunday. Although that would be interesting in a league type way. But, nonetheless, we ball. And we ball hard. Never underestimate the amount of exercise you can get playing pool volleyball. Seriously, it can be rigid. And for those of you that are not in peak physical shape like myself, if the exercise doesn't get you, the drinking will. Imagine that, a volleyball match were all are consuming. Wow! What a novel concept. Who do we owe this too? For this ingenious idea. To couple the normal rate of consumption we incorporate Shots( I mentioned this earlier with the 4th of July post). This alone has led to a dramatic increase in random Sunday afternoon/night texting. Not just of the female nature, but just really wake up Monday morning and be like wow, I sent a shout out to that person. I haven't talked to them in 3 years kinda randomness. So you can see where I am going with this, which is pretty much nowhere. Now if you will excuse me, I gotta answer this text.

No comments: