Thursday, September 24, 2009

Questions? Answered!!

Well I have been saying it the over our past two games, I wasn't sure how good we were and I think we all saw that answer tonight. We got beat up pretty bad by the Cocks and Snead had what I hope is the last of his most awful days as a Rebel. However, if the train doesn't get back on the track soon and I mean real soon, we are in for a long haul. Naturally, I didn't get to see every single play but I saw enough to form an opinion and that opinion is that we really didn't deserve that high of a preseason ranking. I am sure some of the Rebel faithful will ask for my head for saying that but hey, I am just calling it like I see it. The good news is now we can move forward and just play football. I am sure the team felt allot of pressure being ranked so high. I felt the pressure and I don't even play for the Rebs. I am not trying to make some self-imposed "Tebow" type of speech here, but I really think if the team gets better than some good will come from this loss. We may even slip up and beat somebody we aren't supposed to beat, but of course that remains to be seen and the Rebels have a great deal of work to do in order for that too happen.

With that being said, I really thought we were going to rally that one out there at the end. I remember about the time we got the ball, down by six, someone saying, "Its time to shit or get off the pot". Unfortunately, we got off the pot. And you could make a case for a few blown calls that would have gone in our favor, but that is just shoulda, woulda, coulda and making excuses. South Carolina beat us up pretty bad. There defense played pretty great all night and there offense did what was needed to win, they got points most of the time they had the opportunity. It might have been field goals but they count too last time I checked. I thought our defense played pretty solid considering that they were put into a lot of difficult situations. As the game was progressing I was pretty pleased that we were able to hold them to 3 instead of a TD when they got into scoring position. Our offense was the downfall and that can be directly attributed to how well South Carolina played on D and some sloppiness on our part.

Anyway, there is still allot of football left to be played, so this is not the end of the world even though it sucks a big one. I look forward to see how the Rebels respond next week and then we will worry about whether we have a sno-balls chance in hell against Bama. Till then, peace.

No comments: