Monday, September 21, 2009

Top Ten Movies About Football - Quarterback Edition

#8 - Joe Kane - "The Program"

If I have seen this movie once, I have seen it a 1000 times. Came out about the time I was in high school, hitting the gridiron, getting my @$$ knocked off, so it was watched a great deal back in those days. Joe was a very solid QB. A Heisman hopeful whose season gets interrupted because he likes the bottle a bit too much. He got it honest. His daddy was a drunk, so it ran in his family. That doesn't take away from the fact that when he is on, by damn he is on.

Joe Kane: Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner!

Classic line but probably gets over-used. Nonetheless, I will take a boozing Joe Kane over just about anybody. That's what you want out of your QB with the game on the line; "Just give me the GD ball"


No comments: