Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just an Observation

I attended my first Pillow Academy game of the year last night as the Mustangs took on MRA in the AAA semifinals. It was a great game and the Mustangs fought hard but were unable to hold on as the Patriots scored on a 44 yard TD pass on 4th and 10 with 26 seconds left. With that being said, Johnny Jennings might be the worst PA announcer and music player in the history of football. Here are just 3 reasons why...

1. The horse sound does not need to be played after every play.
2. Turn off the microphone during the plays. We don't need to hear you yelling when there is an exciting play happening

#3 is the main one, the real reason I started this post.

3. Don't let your daughter pick the music you play during the game. Also, for the songs you have obviously picked, it's not 1950. There are gay high schools out there that would be embarassed at the music he was playing. If I heard "Who let the dog's out" one more fucking time, I was going to go into the press box and throw the stereo off the roof. But the final nail in mine and the Mustang players hearts was when on MRA's last drive, Mr. Jennings broke out Cher at least 4 times. CHER, at a fucking football game. Every time he played Cher on that last drive MRA got a big play (including the TD play). If I was playing and I heard Cher coming out of the loud speakers, it would completely kill my will to win. Have you been to a football game other than Pillow since 1950? Cher and Ice cream and cake are not songs that get the team fired up. Here are some suggestions

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Ozzy Ozborne - Crazy Train
Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle.

Thank you Johnny, first you take away my right to smoke, and singlehandedly you almost killed my love for attending football games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilaroius!