Monday, December 22, 2008

Championship Update


In a relatively close matchup between 'The Thunder Chickens' and 'The Steel Curtain', the Curtain has shut down the Chickens. I say relatively close because it was until DeAngelo Williams scored his second touchdown. After that, it was a blood bath. The Chicks got clobbered by 20 in the Title matchup. I have developed a strong hatred for the beforementioned Williams and the Carolina Panthers organization. Bitter? Hell yes I am bitter. The SOB put up 30+ points. On a side not congrats are in order to The Steel Curtain. Well played. As for my team, one can only imagine, what if? What if I had started my optimal lineup? What if I would have picked up that other running back instead of 'Dancing with the ones that brought me' to the Title game? What if Barber and Bush would have been healthy? What if? What if? On the flip side, the Steel Curtains optimal scoring roster would have beat mine. I do not take consolation in this, just stating a fact. I guess one could say, I have all offseason to contemplate "What If?" There is no point concerning myself with such unpleasantries. It only adds to the sting. The Thunder Chickens advanced to the Championship with a less than stellar roster. Sure we had Brees and Barber and Bush, when healthy. But we had lesser known talent as well. Dwayne Bowe, Kevin Walter, Bernard Berrian, the Jets D. All performed well down the stretch, but did not have enough to take us to the top. On the bench, there was Santonio Holmes and Vinsante Shiancoe. Both of which had big days, on the the bench. We have one more title to decide and I am behind by 7. My only hope for a Championship is in the hand of Donald Driver. However, in the matchup, they have Greg Olsen playing. We will See how it turns out, but I do not like my chances.

No comments: