Monday, December 8, 2008

Thunder Chickens edge out GLC


The Crockett managed 'Thunder Chickens' beat the Macarthur managed 'Greenwood Lumber Company' by and eyelash 104.40 - 104.00. This is undoubtedly the closest game I have ever been apart of and possibly an instant classic in the realm of Quarterfinal Fantasy Football match ups. After an aggressive performance on Sunday by the 'Chicks' they had a 20 point cushion and a Holy Shit attitude of, ' I wish I would have started Pierre Thomas.' The GLC had none other than Steve Smith of Carolina Panther fame going on the stage that is Monday Night. At this point, I was just praying for a defensive struggle and a whole bunch on the ground. I had Steve a few years ago and he was a beast. A friggin animal. So, I knew if anyone could make up a 20 point margin, he was the man. I would like to extend my warmest regards to Macathur for putting together a fine squad this year and bringing a consistently quality product to the field week in and week out. It was a battle. There was some smack talking going on, but overall it was a clean week of blogging considering the subject. I wish his organization all the best next season and in all future endeavors. Next up for the Thunder Chickens will be none other than league leader... Johnny Hoo Ha! The Hoo Ha! put together an impressive campaign this season, compiling a 10-3 record and putting up nearly 200 more points than the next guy. That translates into, he beat some ass. In our only regular season meeting, the Hoo Ha! plucked the Thunder Chickens 111.92 - 106.48. A pretty respectable score considering that he beat most people by thirty or more. A long week of scouting ahead for this Semifinal matchup, I'll keep you posted.


Side note: In the other Quarterfinal matchup, 'The Stonewallers' edged out 'Chester Copperpot' 85.66 - 85.26. I was amazed that both contest were decided by .40 of a point. Absolutely astonished. That may never happen again.

No comments: